It's Halloween again! Our children's favorite day to dress up as their favorite character and enjoy moving from home to home collecting treats. We want to review a few stranger safety awareness tips to ensure that they continue to enjoy the treat and not be tricked!
Awareness is all about LOOKING & LISTENING. Remind your child to always walk with their head up, paying attention to other children and of course, looking for cars as they cross the street. Here are a few more tips to share with them before they go out tomorrow:
- Do not go trick-or-treating alone. Bring someone with you and use the buddy system
- Never go to houses that are not well-lit
- Try not to wander ahead of your group even though you are excited
- Always have an adult check your treats before you eat them
- If a stranger does approach you, move away from them immediately – run to a trusted adult
- You may also want to play this instructional video for you child to view these tips as they are presented by their friends at The Rose Brucia Educational Foundation
Enjoy & Be Safe!